BirdLife International, Americas Grassland Conservation Manager, Grassland Alliance Regional Coordinator
Natalie is an Agronomist engineer a PhD Biologist and have been working for more than 18 years in Conservation and scientific research of Grasslands and Forest Ecology and Management, Grazing Ecology and Fire Ecology with current focus on bird conservation and ecology. Natalie has led before conservation programs at The Nature Conservancy Patagonia (Sustainable Grazing Coordinator), the Responsible Ecosystem, Sourcing Platform (Leader of Sustainable Production Systems) and is awarded as CONICET (National Scientific Council in Argentina) researcher focused on ecology of the impact of grazing and fires in grasslands and forests birds and other biodiversity. Natalie has worked in the definition and development of sustainability standards for the sourcing of natural grassland products (meat, wool, yak wool, artisanal mining).
Aves Uruguay – National Alliance Coordinator
Daniela is farmer and agricultural engineer, PhD Specialist in environmental issues, ecosystem services and participatory methodologies for management and planning of rural properties, producer groups and public and private organizations in the third sector. For the last 10 years, she has been working in research applying a methodology for valuation of ecosystem services for the first time in the natural field ecosystem, the TESSA. Daniela applied this method in the four countries of the Alianza del Pastizal initiative, Argentina, Paraguay, Brazil and Uruguay.
Universidad de la República, Uruguay, Scientific Advisor to the Alliance Bird Monitoring Program. MSc. in Ecology, currently a PhD candidate in Agrarian Sciences at the Universidad de la República in Uruguay and former Project Leader and Director of Conservation for Aves Uruguay
Joaquín has been involved in more than 20 research and conservation projects related to grasslands and birds in the Southern Cone of South America, including the Grassland Alliance. Mr. Aldabe is co-author of the WHSRN Species Conservation Plan for the Buff-breasted Sandpiper and is working with USFS to determine habitat preferences of grassland shorebirds.
Lorena Sforza Fernandez
Guyra Paraguay, National Alliance Coordinator
Lorena is and Agronomist engineer focused on animal production and ecology, research in systematic botany of forage grasses and grasslands bird monitoring. More than seven years of experience in project coordination related to sustainable management of natural capital in natural grassland ecosystems, development of sustainable production models to reduce pressure on BAAPA's timber resources, bird monitoring and event development. Currently Coordinator of the transversal program of Nature Conservation in Productive Landscapes of Guyra Paraguay, which includes, among other functions, the national coordination of the Grassland Alliance.
Aves Argentinas, National Alliance Coordinator
Federico is a Food Engineer and has a master’s degree in business administration, orientated to the sustainable production in livestock ranching. He has worked as a consultant for several ranching companies, advising them on general administration and sustainable ranching systems.
Aves Argentinas, Coordinator of the Grassland Program
Pablo is a Doctor in Natural Sciences at the National University of La Plata, where he teaches Ornithology and Ecology. Specialized in the management and conservation of biodiversity, he published more than 46 articles, including peer-reviewed articles, book chapters and outreach articles. Pablo first worked for the Alliance in 2009 and joined definitively in 2015.
SAVE Brasil, National Alliance Coordinator
Pedro is an Agricultural Engineer with a master’s degree in environmental engineering and counts with experience coordinating and implementing projects focused on sustainable production systems. Pedro joined the Grassland Alliance in August 2020 as the national coordinator in Brazil, managing its projects and alliances in this country.
SAVE Brasil, Technical Director of the Grassland Alliance
Agronomist, specialized in natural resource management and sustainable production systems. World Bank employee from 1992 to 2012, responsible for more than 50 agri-environmental studies and projects in 26 countries in Latin America, Africa and Central Asia. After participating in the creation of th Grassland Alliance, since 2015 he has actively supported the development of Alliance in Brazil, initially as an advisor to SAVE Brasil and since 2019 as technical director of Alianza and the Pro-APA Sustentável project.
Pedro Ferreira Develey
Executive Director SAVE Brazil
Biologist from the University of São Paulo (USP). PhD in bird ecology. He is currently the Executive Director of SAVE Brasil (BirdLife in Brazil), organization in which he has been working since its foundation in 2004.
National working groups
We manage a healthy governance at the local and regional levels through participatory and collective workspaces involving conservationists, producers, academics, communities, and public-private entities to enhance our impact.
- Adrian Stagi, Executive Director of Aves Uruguay.
- Daniela Schmidt Schossler, Coordinator of Alianza del Pastizal Uruguay.
- Cristhian Clavijo, Executive Director of Vida Silvestre.
- Cecilia Larrechea, AUGAP Representative.
- Alfredo Bianco, Rural Producers Representative.
- Oscar Blumetto, Guest Researcher.
- Jean Fedrigo, Agroforestry Pole.
- Alejandro Fros, advisor for international affairs.
- Carolina Viñoles, Agroforestry Pole.
- Diego Avilio Ocampos Olmedo, CONACYT Researcher and Professor at the Universidad Nacional de Asunción.
- Pedro Paniagua Alcaraz, Researcher and Consultant in Animal Production.
- Andrew Kennedy, Producer Member of the Grassland Alliance. †
- Rob Clay, Director of the Executive Office of the Western Hemisphere Shorebird Reserve Network.
- Adauto Loreiro de Souza, Rural Producer, Member of Alianza del Pastizal.
- Graça Tirelli, Rural Producer, Member of Alianza del Pastizal.
- Carlos Nabinger, Teaching and Research (UFRGS).
- Estefanía Damboriarena, Research (EMBRAPA).
- Luiza Chomenko, Research and Public Sector (SEMA).
- Angelo Aguinaga, Entrepreneurship and Development (SEBRAE/RS).
- Roberto Grecellé, Private Sector (PRADO Agribusiness).
- Pedro Develey, Deliberative Council of the Alianza del Pastizal.
- Michael Carroll, Deliberative Council Grassland Alliance.
- Pedro Pascotini, National Coordination of the Pasture Alliance in Brazil.